Our lives today, are dependant on the internet in more ways than we can even imagine. Without means of connecting to the internet, we feel isolated and lost and that is because the internet has made it possible for us all to feel safe and connected no matter where we might be.
In the UK, especially, the need for faster internet speeds has become vital not just for economic development but also for consumers. As providers race to offer the best deals and fastest connections speed one can easily get caught up in a deal that is unfavourable compared to other options out there.
So how does one find the best broadband deals in their local neighbourhood? By using Usave of course! Usave is a free to use platform that allows you to compare broadband deals in your area by simply typing in your postal code.
The website will then display results of all broadband provider in your area and the associated deals they offer. This makes the comparison of broadband deals easy as can be as all the information you need is displayed on one-page making it easy for you to decide which deal gives you the most benefit.
While comparing broadband deals here are a few things you should consider:
Why is download speed important? Well, if you love watching videos on YouTube, Netflix binging, and online gaming then download speed will certainly be an important thing to consider when choosing broadband providers. Apart from your usage the number of users also plays an important part when considering what download speed would be most suited to your needs.
- A standard 10-11 Mbps connection is ideal for light internet use and not suitable for more than two users
- A superfast connection of 24-99 Mbps is ideal for those that love to watch Netflix, stream videos and download content. It is also suitable for multiple users and larger households
- An Ultrafast connection of 100-499 Mbps is ideal for heavy internet users and large family households
- Hyperfast 500-999 Mbps is meant for those living in remote regions that need internet to send heavy amounts of data
- Gigabyte 1000+ Mbps is used normally for commercial applications where vast amounts of data have to be transferred in record time
The terms and duration of a contract should also weigh into the decision process. You never want to sign a contract that limits you on flexibility and binds you into an agreement that is no longer viable after a certain period.
Other Factors To Consider
Your overall budget also plays a big part in the decision making process. Faster internet connections can be quite expensive and if you really don’t need such high internet speeds there is no need to pay those exorbitant costs.
Often new deals, special offers, and signing bonuses including cashback and gifts are offered by various providers to entice new customers. Taking advantage of these offers can lead to huge savings so it always pays to shop around!
Leave a Reply