Are you facing the same issue that most of the Mi users are facing? Phone got locked due to Mi account password or Want to get rid of this Mi cloud account and delete mi account permanently.
If you have faced any of the above issues and don’t want to face the same issues again in entire life, you have come to the right place. Here, I will show you step by step process to first remove the Mi account and then permanently delete your account.
However, there are multiple reasons to delete Mi account but Mi cloud account is a service provided by Xiaomi to its customers. The brand had seen tremendous growth in recent years and therefore, it concentrates more on the security. The company has also locked bootloader which stops customers from installing Custom ROM without permission from Xiaomi.
But you can install custom ROM’s, whatever you like but for this, you will have to submit unlock bootloader form to Xiaomi and once you are given permission, your phone warranty gets void.
Mi cloud accounts a lot of amazing features to its users. This includes Mi Cloud, Data Sync, Phone Finder, Shopping on Mi.com, MIUI Forum, Mi Flash Sales, Mi Themes, Mi Games, Bootloader Unlocking with mi account unlock tool download etc. All of these features cannot be found in a smartphone at the same price category. So, with Mi cloud account, Xiaomi does not only provide the security but also a lot of exclusive features.
What security you get with Mi account?
With Mi account you get a free cloud storage feature, this cloud storage can help you backup all your phones data even when you change your phone but for this, you will have to first synchronise the phone data to Mi cloud account. The function is somewhat the same as provided by Google but google has different names for different items storage. Here you can find all your data at a single place, i.e, Mi account.
The bootloader security has already been discussed above but you would be surprised to know that when Xiaomi was launched it came with an unlocked bootloader. But later, the bootloader was unlocked due to security measures.
Some Pros of the Xiaomi Account that every MI user need to know
- Mi account synchronises all data from the phone including contacts, videos, music, audios, photos etc.
- You must have a Mi account to unlock bootloader.
- Recovery of data becomes easy, in case you lost your phone, you can easily recover all your saved data from Mi cloud account.
- You can easily access Mi store and pre-book the gadgets from there.
- If you enable lost phone finder in Mi account then at times when you lost your phone, you can easily track it.
- You can even delete all your phone’s data and lock your phone remotely.
- Mi gives you the option to report bug issues so that they can come up with a new update to fix all of them.
Deleting Mi account permanently from your Xiaomi Phone
I would not recommend you to delete the Mi account from your phone because it provides a lot of security features. However, due to any reason if you want to delete the mi account permanently from your phone then you can use go through the below steps.
- Go to the Mi account by clicking here.
- Now log in with your Mi account with your phone number and password or verification code.
- You can also log in through your Facebook or Gmail id. But remember to log in to the same account you want to delete.
- Once you get logged in, a pop up will come on the screen. Basically, it would be a warning message for the account deletion.
- Now, select “I want to permanently delete my Mi account and all its data” and then click on “Delete Mi account”.
- In this step, Mi will verify your Email address. Xiaomi Global will send you a mail to you.
- Unlock code will be displayed on your mobile screen and you will have to send this code to Xiaomi.
- Now go to your mail and click on the Reply mail option. Enter the unlock code and click on the submit button.
- This is the last step and you have to click on “Delete Account’ option on the screen. Your account gets deleted permanently. Always remember that you lose all your data that has been sync with the Mi account.
Now, you are done with deleting the mi account permanently.
Wrapping it up
Deleting Mi account could be good for people who think that they can keep their personal data more secure than Xiaomi. Some people also delete Mi account because of Xiaomi cloud store all its data to the Chinese Server. Therefore, it is obvious that people would not want this to happen with them i.e, their personal data going to some another country server.
However, I am a big fan of Xiaomi and I think that a company like Xiaomi which is worldwide renowned for its latest phones would never leak any of its user data.