Online video and media contents are gaining popularity with each passing day. The new generation doesn’t want to watch television as lots of good quality content is available online and they do not have enough time to sit in front of the television and watch content there. This generation needs a mobile facility and Kodi offers that to them.
You will definitely need a VPN
But do you know that you need to use a VPN in order to use this facility. If you are not going to use a VPN, you may face problems. Actually Kodi comes with several add ons. some add ons are legal and some are illegal. If you click on the illegal click on just to enjoy the latest movies, music shows, television series, etc, your ISP gets to know this. Your ISP can track your IP address and share all your details with the police if they asked for it. But using a VPN will save you. So always one needs to go for a VPN. There are different ways by which you can know how to jailbreak firestick
Importance of having VPN
There’s also another utility of using a VPN. Several official add ons on Kodi is restricted as per geo-locations. But as a user, you will definitely want to watch all the high-end content available out there. VPN will mask your IP address and your location from the official add on sites. The security of those sites is not going to be able to locate you. This will help you watch some high-end shows and content for free. So it is better to stay safe and virtual private network is going to keep you safe and away from all these types of unnecessary problems.
The four procedures of installing Kodi on Firestick
Let’s come straight to the point! We are here to discuss the process of installing Kodi on Firestick. There are four popular processes available and we will discuss all of them. These four methods are; Install Kodi on firestick using ES file explorer, Install Kodi on firestick using Downloader, Install Kodi on firestick using Apps2Fire and Install Kodi on firestick using ADBLink. These procedures are not tough at all. If explained well, they can be done by any novice easily. The plan is to explain the whole procedure to the readers and hence we are here to explain all the possible ways of doing this. Let’s dig into the details.
Install Kodi on Firestick using ES File Explorer
● You can easily locate the search option on your firestick. Navigate to the top left corner of the screen and you are going to get the search button. The virtual keyboard is there to help you typing your requirements. ‘ES File Explorer’ are three separate words and you have to put them on the search bar. A suggestion will pop up below the virtual keyboard and you need to click on it.
● The screen in front of you will show several icons over there. You just need to click on the blue-colored folder with clouds on it. You will see ES writing on the folder. Click on the app and now you are entering the ES app that will help you install Kodi on the firestick.
● There’s a description thing available over there. Choose the ‘install the app’ button and let the system install ES in it. Once the installation is done, you can click on the Play button. Clicking on the play button will launch the app. Promotional pop-ups will appear once you launch it. You can easily dismiss those.
● Once you navigate to the left side sidebar, click on Favourites and then click on ADD. Fill two places; Path and Name. Name it KD and put the web address at the Path section. Now return to the previous screen and click on the Favourites and then KD. You will see a command saying Download started.
● Now you need to navigate to the right side of the page and you have to navigate until you find an option saying ‘More’. You have to click on this and a pop up will appear on your screen. Just click on the ‘Open in Browser’ option. Now the option will ask you whether you like the ES downloader to open the file. You need to click on ‘OK’ in response. Click on ‘OK’ for two times and Kodi started downloading required files in your system.
● Wait till the file download finishes. Once it is done, click on the ‘Open the file’ option and click on the ‘Install’ button. Now the installation will start at your convenience. Once the installation is done, you can navigate to the bottom right corner of the page and here you need to click on the ‘Open’ option and have to launch the application.
● If you have done all these steps successfully, then you are surely done. You had to follow these steps only. Now Kodi is all set to be installed on your TV firestick. You can any time use Kodi as per your requirement.
Install Kodi on Firestick using Downloader
● This procedure is almost similar to the ES file explorer option. Here also you need to navigate on the TV screen with the help of your remote and now you will get a search button. You need need to type ‘Downloader’ with the help of the virtual keyboard that has popped up below the search button on your television screen. All these navigations are pretty easy with the help of your TV remote.
● An orange-colored box is waiting for you on the screen. A big downward arrow is available right on your screen. There’s a cloud sign available below the Downloader icon. You just need to click on it in order to download the app. Now all you need to do is wait for the App to be downloaded. Once the App is downloaded, you have to open it.
● Now on the screen you will get to a place where you need to put the URL of Kodi which is “http://kodi.tv. Now you have to press on the ‘Go’ button and have to launch the application. Give it some time and within a few minutes, the whole system will be fully loaded. Once the system gets fully loaded, you just need to scroll down. You have to scroll down further until you find several icons presenting different options. You have to click on the ‘Android Logo’. The pop up will take you to the Kodi’s official download page.
● Here you need to navigate to the lower part of the page and you will find a tiny green robot which is the Android Logo. upon clicking it, it will take you to another page.
● Here you will find a button saying ARMV7A 32Bit. Click on the blue-colored button and wait till the download ends. It will take you to the Kodi’s official page from where you can download the option that we are here for. You need to wait for a couple of minutes till Kodi takes the time to be downloaded. Once the download is completed, you can now hit the bottom right corner of the page.
● The installation process takes a few minutes to be completed. You just need to make sure that the app gets installed. Once the app gets installed, you will get an option saying ‘Open’. Now you have to let the app launch.
● These are a few steps of installing Kodi using Downloader. This procedure seems easy, right? Well, when you have explained everything properly, you will definitely understand the procedure easily.
Install Kodi on firestick using Apps2Fire
● Installing Kodi using Apps2Fire is quite easy and convenient. One needs to have an android phone to download Apps2Fire. Now you need to bring your smartphone, click on the play store and search for ‘Kodi’. Once you get that, you have to select the option in front of you to proceed. Now on your screen, you will find ‘install’ writing. You have to select this option. Now you just need to wait. It will take a few moments for your device to download the thing.
● Once the Kodi is installed, you need to search for Apps2Fire on the play store from your android phone. Once you get the app, you need to install it. Installing this app would be easier. Now you have to wait till the application finishes downloading. Now you are ready with both the applications and you just need to install Kodi on your TV firestick using Apps2Fire.
● You have to find the IP address of your television at first. You have to find ‘Settings’ then ‘Device’ then ‘About’ and finally ‘Network’. On the rightmost corner of your TV screen you would find the IP address of your Television written.
● Now you have to launch the Apps2Fire on your phone. You will see several Terms and Conditions there. Agree to the terms and go ahead with the download. Now navigate to the right corner of the television pane and click on the Menu section. You are looking for ‘Setup’ here. Once you find the Setup icon, you have to put your IP address over there and click on the ‘Save’ button.
● Now you have to return to the App’s homepage and have to search for ‘Local Apps’. You will find ‘Kodi’ here. A popup box will appear saying whether you want to install it. You have to select the ‘OK’ option and go ahead with the installation.
● The whole process is now in front of your eyes. The whole downloading will be done on the screen and you can watch it. Now Apps2Fire will install Kodi on your television Firestick.
● Once the software gets installed, you will get a message saying Kodi is installed and you can use it.
Install Kodi on firestick using ADB link
● The last but not the least procedure is installing Kodi on Firestick with the help of the ADB link. To get this thing done, you need to install the latest version of Kodi on your system. For that, you have to follow some steps and here they are. You need to visit the official website of Kodi. You will find several options for different devices and OS.
● You have to scroll through these options until you find the Android logo. You have to click on it and now a pop-up box will appear. Click on ‘ARMV7A (32Bit). You need to download the 32-bit version as your firestick would allow this only, the 64-bit version is not for your system.
● You will now see Kodi getting downloaded on your system.
● Now you have to go and download ADBLink. Find the correct website to download the app. Now you have to click on the Download section. You will see several options for several operating systems. You have to choose the required one for your system. Now a pop-up page will appear and take you to a third party website to download the app.
● Wait until the app gets downloaded and then start installing it on your system. Once ADBlink gets installed, you have to go and launch it on your system.
● Click on the ‘New’ button and then a field appears with a .‘Description’ option. Write ‘Firestick’ here and then you will be asked to write the IP address. You need to put your device’s IP address here. Now click on the ‘Settings’. You are looking for a path ‘Device’> ‘About’> ‘Network’. You will get your IP address here and you have to copy that and put it on the previous field where it was asked.
● Now click on the ‘Connect’ option. Click on ‘Install APK’. Here you have to navigate to the Kodi that you just downloaded. Confirm Installing it. Click on ‘Yes’ and the app will start downloading. Follow the further procedures and Kodi will successfully be installed on your firestick.
These are the four ways of installing Kodi on your firestick. Follow them and you will be easily doing it.