In 2018 alone, the video game industry generated $131 billion. By 2025, this could be a $300 Billion industry. The gaming industry continues to thrive as more people discover the multiple benefits of this pastime. Some of the misconceptions about gaming have slowly faded, allowing the industry to grow.
New technologies from Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Virtual Reality (VR) have also played a crucial role in boosting this sector. All this is good news for a gaming enthusiast. It means new titles coming to the market in rapid succession while the quality is also set to grow.
But how do you get the best gaming experience on your laptop? It all starts by choosing the right gaming machine. Laptop gaming might not compare to console gaming but if this is what’s available, you can always make the best out of it by choosing the right machine.
Here are a few things to remember if you want to enjoy the best gaming experience on your laptop.
Laptop manufacturers have upped their game over the years. You’ll now find machines with powerful graphics, gorgeous displays and great audio on the market. The best part is that most of the gaming laptops are portable and you can have fun on the go and from any location.
Some of the top-ranking laptops for gaming include:
- The Alienware m17 R3 (best gaming laptop overall)
- Acer Predator Triton 500 ( slim, slick chassis without compromising on power)
- MSI GS65 Stealth Thin (most stylish gaming laptop)
- The Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (for unmatched endurance for a gaming laptop)
- Asus TUF A15 (best mid-range gaming laptop/ for raw processing power)
- Dell G3 15 (affordable, excellent performance and battery life)
- Lenovo Legion Y545 (best gaming laptop on a budget)
- Razer Blade 15 (beautiful and Unparalleled build quality)
- The Asus ROG Mothership (Simply outlandish)
- The Asus ROG Strix Scar III(near-perfect gaming laptop)
- Asus Zephyrus Duo 15 (Dual screens translates to more fun)
- Alienware Area 51m (fully upgradable and powerful machine)
- Acer Predator Helios 300 – 15.6-inch ( for around $1,000 best budget gaming laptop)
Whether you want to enjoy action/adventure video games or video slots from one of the top casinos featured on indiagamblers.com, these are some of the best laptops to use. They promise the best quality graphics, powerful processors, large storage for your games, battery power and more.
The ranking of gaming laptops leverages tough tests to measure performance and productivity. These vary from CrystalDiskMark QD32 Read and Write and Cinebench R15 to 3DMark Fire Strike. Some of the key features that make for a good gaming laptop include:
- Graphics: Go for the quickest and latest possible graphics. If your laptop is not performing optimally, you might have to update your Graphics Drivers for an immediate FPS boost. Some of the top graphic chipsets on the market are Intel’s Graphics Media, NVIDIA, ATi’s Mobility FireGL V3200 or ATi Mobility Radeon 9700.
- RAM (Random Access Memory): More RAM translates to a better gaming experience on your laptop. The top-ranking laptops feature RAM ranging from 8GB going all the way up to 32GB or more.
- Battery power: You want a reliable laptop for a seamless gaming experience. Look for a battery that allows several hours away from the laptop.
- Processor/Hard Drive: Whatever you do when buying a gaming laptop, don’t overlook the CPU. Nothing is more annoying than having your game freeze due to lack of enough processing power.
- Stylish design: Laptop designs have evolved rapidly and you can now have a great choice of the best laptops to choose from leading brands.
- Portability: Look for a light laptop which you can carry around easily.
A powerful laptop transforms your gaming experience as you can now have fun anytime and even on the go. If you plan to play games on your laptop, these tips will come in handy to help you find the best gaming machine.