The school secretary is considered an informal boss in every school. They are the first person you see when you enter the building and the last to see when you sign out or leave. As the main game player, they run the school and schedule and watch all the work go smoothly. The secretary knows all the information about the school and how it can be found. This is one of the most difficult jobs, and a person who manages it deserves to be praised.
Teachers and parents need to share how much they respect and appreciate the secretary’s work. This person can be honored on the Administrative Professionals Day, but this holiday takes place only once a year. So, the school secretaries can also be complimented on their birthdays, Christmas Eve, or any regular day with no special occasion.
Here are several awesome and creative gift ideas that can show how much this person means to you.
If you want to get the school secretary on your side, any office equipment or stationery items are always a win-win.
- A pen is a good gift idea. As cheap pens may malfunction or get lost, opt for a high-grade option or that can be secured to the desk.
- Any school secretary works with a stapler, a pencil sharpener, and scissors. These quality and sturdy stationery supplies are a guarantee of quick and flawless work.
- If you are planning to buy a more expensive gift, bring an iPad, a notebook, or a large monitor that can make the job easier.
- Office equipment is also a good gift option. Consider buying a useful paper shredder, printer, or a laminator. The Bonsaii paper shredder reviews will be helpful if you are searching for a top-notch appliance.
The secretary is behind every meeting, bill, record, and schedule in a school building. Modern office equipment will make their work more comfortable.
If parents and the school office staff want to show the utmost respect and love, they can give a homemade or a personalized gift for school secretary.
- This can be a travel mug that keeps coffee and tea hot. It allows them to cut coffee expenses and bring tasty beverages from home.
- A coffee/tea warmer is also a good example of how you care about the person because, on a busy day, it can be hard for the secretary to step away from the front office.
- A pair of nice socks is never superfluous.
- This person has to deal with various people day after day, and a coloring or doodling book is a good way to relieve stress and to relax. Proven by numerous scientific studies, doodling works for people who are nervous at work as a means to express thoughts that cannot be said aloud.
- A Fitbit watch allows a user to stay healthy and can be a good gift since a school secretary leads a sedentary lifestyle.
- MoodyCards are a cool and funny gift. They help communicate when a person is too busy to talk.
- A digital gift card is a great idea because the hero of the occasion can buy what he/she really needs. In addition, this takes the pressure off if you are trying to figure out what to buy.
- If you want to be more creative, leave an empty gift basket on the secretary’s desk and let kids thank him/her for the job and put a small treat in the basket (sweets or small lotions). The basket will be full at the end of the day.
- The class can also sing a popular song changing the words and thanking the secretary.
- Another creative idea is to make tissue paper flowers and leave them in a vase for the secretary.
- You can take a picture of the whole class where each student holds a “thank you” sign. The photo can be laminated and framed. Another variant is to make a paper quilt from pictures done by kids.
The school secretary is an integral part of a school community and a gatekeeper who does a great job. This person should always be treated with kindness and love.