Would you like to increase your collection of ROMs? Nowadays, to play your favorite retro games, you do not require a physical console. You can download super nintendo roms at reliable websites like Killerroms. If you love retro video games, you must know that the Super Nintendo Entertainment System or shortly SNES, as well as the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), are the best old-school video gaming devices. These two classic consoles are loaded with pixel-perfect nostalgic video games.
To be exact, there are twenty-one prepackaged game hits. If you feel that this amount of games is quite limited for your old-school experience, you will need to learn how to hack SNES and NES ROMs. This information will help you add a lot of games to your collection. In fact, there is nothing complicated in hacking your video game console. You will learn how to add video games from such platforms as NES, Sega, Gameboy, Atari, and a lot of others.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to hack and install additional games to your SNES console:
- Chrono Trigger
- Donkey Kong Country 2/3
- Final Fight 3
- Front Mission
- Mortal Kombat II
- NBA Jam – Tournament Edition
- Pocky & Rocky
- Rock n’ Roll Racing
- Space Megaforce
- Super Mario All-Stars/RPG – Legend of the Seven Stars/World 2
- Super Off-Road
- Super Street Fighter II
- Tetris Attack
- Top Gear
- Wild Guns
The list is not full. You can add a lot of game titles once you master the art of hacking ROMs.
Before you start with the hack, make sure that you have the following:
- A powerful computer with a Windows operating system to perform the needed mod. Each operating system requires specialized software. For example, if you use a Mac, you will need a program called Boot Camp. In our case, we are going to use the software called Hakchi CE, which is perfect for Windows PCs.
- Also, you will need ROMs which you plan to load onto the device.
It is true that hacking is not entirely legal, but it does not mean that it stops people from doing this. In fact, a lot of people who love retro video games want to know how to hack SNES ROMs. So here is a simple and very fact tutorial breaking down the five steps you will need to do.
- Download the program called HakChi2.
- You Can Download SNES ROMS at Killerroms.
- Dump Original Kernel.
- Flash Custom Kernel.
- Sync your SNES ROMs.
Surely you know the game called “Super Mario Kart.” The hacked version is called the Super Mario Kart R Rom Hack. In order to patch it, do the following:
- You will have to download the application, which is called Lunar IPS.
- Once the unzipped file has been downloaded to your computer, you have to click twice on “Lunar IPS.exe.”
- Now, you must press “Apply IPS Patch” to make the windows explorer box pop up.
- Just select the “Super Mario Kart(U).ips” and then choose the “Super Mario Kart(U).rom” file.
- You can see the message which informs you of the following: “The file was successfully patched!”
- You have to close down the Lunar application IPS.
- Open your emulator and go to the “Super Mario Kart(U).rom” file and the Super Mario Kart R SNES ROM Hack is supposed to play smoothly.
This guide aims to demonstrate to gamers how to hack SNES ROMs. It helps to apply translations, bug fixes, and of course, ROM hacks to your favorite retro game. Hacking ROMs is handy because it gives people access to a lot of games for the SNES Classic. Now you know how to hack games that are available only in Japan. Also, you can add English translations to such great Japan-exclusive titles as Magical Pop’n, Fire Emblem, Seiken Densetsu 3, etc.