So, the day is here.
You’ve spent a part of your life mastering a skill and now you want to share this knowledge with more people. Great idea!
But, do you know how to get started? Do you know how to create or launch a course? Failing for not being a programmer or a marketer will be a shame. We know. Thankfully, there’s a way out.
And in this post you’ll read about the same. Here’s everything you need to know for creating your very own eLearning course.
For passionate trainers, educators and employers who take training and education seriously, the world of eLearning has a bunch of useful tools and softwares.
The two most important of them are as follows.
- Learning Management System
- eLearning Authoring Tool
In fact, these two alone are enough for developing an eLearning course that sells like hot cakes. However, the entire process will include a number of mini processes.
The main point for now is that these two eLearning tools are the prerequisites for developing a good eLearning course.
Moving further, let us see what both of these terms mean and do.
Going by the definition,
A learning management system is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, and delivery of educational courses, training programs, or learning and development programs.
In simpler words, a learning management system is a software that helps educators and trainers manage data, content and results for their eLearning course’ performance.
Here are some of the common advantages of using learning management systems.
- Allows different groups of students to study independently
- Enables trainers to have a personalized approach towards each student by keeping all records of each and every student that signs up for the course
- One of the most interactive and engagement kindling systems for education industry
- Provides room for pedagogical experiments and innovations leading to higher productivity among students and trainers
- An educator’s best bet for tracking student data
- Allows the involvement of guardians (if required).
- Seamless customizability
And that’s not even it. Learning management systems are the reason why a large number of educators could take their classes online, reaching out to hundreds and thousands of learners across the world.
Moving further, let’s talk about eLearning Authoring tools.
Where a learning management system helps trainers manage student data, an authoring tool allows them to create, manage and design their course’s content.
Going by the definition,
An authoring tool is a tool that enables you to create a final application merely by linking together objects, such as a paragraph of text, an illustration, or a song.
Here’s a list of the most common advantages of using authoring tools.
- Authoring tools are time and cost effective
- They come with an auto-upgrade feature, so you don’t have to keep updating them manually
- Make publishing, updation and translation way too easy
- Can be accessed from anywhere in the world. Only an internet connection is required.
- Auto draft option of eLearning authoring tools keeps your work progress safe
Authoring tools and learning management systems combined are crucial for developing a good eLearning course that your student base likes. This statement is relevant for every professional, even for the ones that work independently., If you are still in doubt, you must look up the web for elearning authoring tools for freelancers.
As you struggle while starting with eLearning, this blog post was written to take you through the most important aspects for creating successful eLearning courses.
Hopefully, this was helpful.