With its thirty years of excellence in the lighting industry, today, Nora Lighting is one of the most renowned lighting company in the world. Founded in 1989, they have spent the last 28 years working to live up to their tagline “Illuminating the Future” and their mission statement which is “Large enough to do it right, small enough to care for.” Both their tagline and mission statement illustrate perfectly why Nora Lighting is a fantastic company to supply your lighting desires. They are actively working to offer the best quality, most up-to-date lighting available while, at the same time, not losing their conviction that they have to provide top-of-the-line customer service to their clients.
Nora Lighting is a company that aims to develop its credibility in efficiency, value, customer service, and creativity as market leaders. It makes sure that customers will be satisfied if you will select a Nora lighting product to illuminate your household or commercial space.
Nora Lighting ControLIT App
The company had invented the Nora Lighting ControLIT which is a lighting control software for iOS and Android that allows Nora Lighting to control downlight on the PRISM Smart RGBW LED Retrofit. It is designed to be used by all customers who use these installed fixtures in a residential or commercial facility. This guide is for all users who use an iOS app.
This app is currently accessible for use with iOS 8.0 + in the iTunes App Store, and will also be ready to use on Android in the Google Play store soon.
The ControLIT app enables users to operate their PRISM downlights and program their optional remote controls from their PRISMs. The software allows users to monitor specific fixtures or assembly of a fixture, scenes, timers-control brightness, color temperature, and color.
Users will create an account after downloading and launching the app, which allows the lamps to be protected in such a way that others cannot control them unless they use the same username and password.
Download the new version of the Nora Lighting ControLIT: Lighting Control app from the App Store once you have mounted your PRISM downlights, and start the app. You can use a portion of the app name or the full app name, and the ControLIT: Lighting Control app should display in the search results.
How to create a username and password?
In using the ControLIT software, you will need to create a username and password. It helps users to protect their lighting fixtures so that another user who has the software on their smart device will not be able to monitor them. You can use the same username and password if several users need access to the same light fixtures.
- First, start the ControLIT app on your smart device to create a username and password. Click the “Do not have an account yet?” button after it has opened.
- You will be asked to create your chosen username and password. You will also be asked to give your email address to reset your password in case you forget it. And if you have all the fields filled in, press the sign-up button.
If needed, multiple usernames can be created, which can be linked to the same email address. This will most probably work for people in a multi-location application, such as an apartment building or restaurant with multi-locations. There could be a particular manager or management team in these applications which is liable for programming the fixtures and handling accounts. They can create multiple usernames, for example, a separate username per unit in an apartment building. That would enable to control each unit individually. Every username will need to go through the whole setup process.
How to pair to your account?
- Before starting this process, make sure the wall switch is on the “On” position of the fixtures you choose to pair with. When other fixtures are within reach and controlled on a specific wall switch, but you do not want to connect those to your account, then change the wall switch in the “Off” position controlling those lights to make your pairing process simpler.
How to rename and control individual fixtures?
- Click the fixture you want to rename on the fixtures screen and the screen that only controls that individual fixture will open.
- Click the fixture name on the individual Fixture panel to enter into edit mode. Rename the fixture and press “Done” and then press the “Save changes” button to save the changes.
- You can monitor individual lighting fixtures through the application, and only through the app. On individual fixtures, users can change CCT, monitor brightness, and set RGB color. Click “Save Changes” once you have set the fixture to the intended settings. By default, the application will always be open to the Dimmer & Warmth screen.
- To shift to RGB controls, select “Color” from the Control Mode screen. This will turn the white light fixtures into RGB colors. Colors are selected by moving the dial (Pallete Mode) around the rainbow. Click the RGB key and pick the color you want to put and dim on for static R, G, B colors & Dimming of those colors.
- Removing a fixture from an account is the same as having it returned to factory settings. The fixture is discoverable to others when removed or reset and can no longer be controlled by your account until you install it again.
How to create a zone?
Zones enable you to simultaneously control multiple fasteners.
- Click the Zones button below your cursor and then click the + symbol on the Zones screen to enter Zone Set-Up Mode. After that, label your zone by typing in your chosen name. Click “Done” once you are finished typing.
- A zone can still be edited even after it has been formed. Users can create and remove fasteners from zones and change as desired the CCT, Brightness, and Color. If you have set your zone as you wanted, make sure to click “Save Changes.”
Nora Lighting had definitely stepped up their game, not just in illuminating spaces but also making it easier to customize the lighting depending the customer’s preference – and that is just via an application. No need to always physically change the light itself. They surely have a unique and easy way to light up a home or commercial space.
Leave a Reply