The firestick is a device that has a streaming video player feature sold by many companies. The Fire TV stick is an oversized USB flash drive that plugs directly into your TV’s HDMI video input port. Rather than storing files, it streams videos online and also which are featured on Television. It has a full-featured streaming player with an ability to turn any HDMI video port device into a smart TV.
How to Set-up Amazon TV?
USB Micro cord and power adapter that came with the Fire TV Stick might not be necessary for getting the Fire Stick up and running, but you’ll want it to ensure faster performance. Here’s everything you need to get the Fire TV Stick up and running and streaming all of your favorite content.
- Plug the USB Micro cable into the power adapter.
- Plug the other end into the Fire TV Stick.
- Plug the Fire TV Stick into an HDMI port on your TV.
- Press Home on your remote.
- Press Play/Pause on your remote.
- Select Your Language.
- Select your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter your password and select Connect.
- Select Register or Create an Account.
- Enter your Amazon login ID and click Next. If you selected Create an Account, you will be creating that ID.
- Enter your password and select Sign In. If you’ve got two-factor authentication on Amazon enabled, you’ll have to get your confirmation code from your phone and type it in.
- Confirm it’s your account that’s signed in.
- Select Yes or No to opt-in or out of storing connected network passwords with Amazon.
- opt-in or out of parental controls.
- Sign up for Prime or decline.
- Select Choose Apps to walk through Amazon’s app downloads on-boarding, or click No Thanks to skip past.
- Select the popular services you want, and click right to TV channels.
- Select the TV channel apps you want, and click right to sports apps.
- Select the sports apps you want, and click right to the featured apps.
- Select the featured services you want, and click Play to proceed.
- Click Download Apps.
Here, you are all set to watch streaming videos on Amazon TV Fire Stick.
How to Use Alexa on the Fire TV Stick?
The Fire TV Stick comes with an Alexa remote that allows you to perform voice commands. Not only does it let you pause, rewind and fast-forward content with just your voice, but it also provides bonus features, including the Jeopardy game and help with Weather forecasts.
Below is a master list of the Alexa commands that work with the Fire TV Stick, which we’ll be updating as more skills become available.
“Alexa, watch The Handmaid’s Tale.”
“Alexa, open Netflix.”
“Alexa, open PlayStation Vue.”
“Alexa, forward 5 minutes”
“Alexa, skip 30 seconds”
“Alexa, play next”
“Alexa, next episode”
“Alexa, show me nearby restaurants”
“Alexa, show me [show or movie title]”
“Alexa, show me [insert genre]”
“Alexa, show me Bruce Willis movies”
“Alexa, search for Westworld”
“Alexa, add this to my watchlist”
“Alexa, show my watchlist”
“Alexa, search for the NPR app”
“Alexa, watch HGTV [or any show] on PlayStation Vue [or Hulu]”
“Alexa, watch [insert Prime Video Channel name]”
“Alexa, play my flash briefing” [if enabled in Alexa app] or “Alexa, what’s the news?”
“Alexa, what’s the weather?”
“Alexa, what’s the forecast?”
“Alexa, what’s the weather in [insert city]?”
“Alexa, what’s the weather like on [insert day]?”
“Alexa, play Jeopardy” [enable in the Alexa app]
“Alexa, play Beyoncé”
“Alexa, play All-Star by Smash Mouth”
“Alexa, play [insert genre] music”
How to Install Apps on Fire TV Stick?
Installing apps on the Fire TV Stick is pretty easy, thanks to Alexa. Sure, you could spend your time clicking around the interface, selecting the magnifying glass and typing in an app’s name, but you don’t have to.
Instead of clicking around the on-screen keyboard (found by selecting the magnifying glass at the far-left end of the menu), just talk to Alexa.
- While holding down the microphone button on the remote, say, “Alexa, search for the [insert app name] app. Then, select the result you want to open.
- Click Open
- Click Get
- Click Open and proceed
Here, you have your wanted app in your Tv firestick.
Kodi is a free media center application, available on many different operating systems, which allows people to consume streaming media. This is your base and foundation for where all of your essential items will be stored. Its task is to host applications and components that will be used for your viewing enjoyment. You will be able to watch live TV, sports, movies, TV shows, and so much more – all FOR FREE using the Kodi application.
There have been numerous versions of Kodi since the beginning with updates and more. As this writing, the most stable version is Kodi 18.4.
Kodi is currently available on the following operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, and iOS. What does this mean? Since most computers come equipped with Windows, Mac, or Linux, it means that we can install Kodi onto our personal computers or laptops.
Due to Kodi’s support of both Android and iOS, it also means that we can install Kodi onto most mobile devices such as phones and tablets. It also works well with compatible smart TVs and media streaming devices.
Now, there are also many television streaming boxes that use Android as its base operating system. An example of this is the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. Both of these devices run a modified version of the Android operating system. Amazon built the Fire TV operating system off the Android OS which means we can install Kodi onto this device.
One of the main reasons why the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick are so popular is due to the fact that they are powerful and inexpensive devices that can run the Kodi Media Centre. Often times, users purchase the Firestick in hopes of how to jailbreak a firestick on their device for streaming capabilities. While this term is often used, it is not what is actually occurring to the device. Instead, 3rd party applications are installed onto the Firestick for unlimited streaming possibilities.
What is a Kodi Box
Recently, many people have been purchasing so-called “Kodi boxes” on the web. Kodi boxes are nothing more than a generic streaming system with the Kodi application already pre-loaded onto it. Many of these Kodi boxes come “fully loaded” which means they have the application as well as many popular add-ons already installed. This is an option if you would like but many times the addons will not be up to par or to your liking.
That is why it is suggested to purchase a “basic” streaming device like a Fire TV box or Fire TV Stick. Once you have the digital media player of your choice, you can customize it by downloading Kodi and all add-ons you may desire.
How to update Kodi
Different devices have different ways of updating the Kodi. The main devices updates are
- Visit Kodi’s official website using a Web browser, and click on ‘Download’;
- Now, scroll down and select ‘MacOS’;
- Finally, click on the button that says ‘Installer (64bit)’, which will download the latest Kodi installation file available in the DMG file format;
- Once the file is downloaded, open it by double-clicking on it;
- And lastly, drag-and-drop Kodi’s application file into your Application folder. You’ll be asked whether you want to replace the existing file, so confirm your decision.
- That’s it!
- First, run the Terminal interface (CTRL + ALT + T);
- Input this command first: Sudo apt-get update and confirm by pressing Enter;
- Then, use this command: Sudo apt-get upgrade;
- And finally, input this command: Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade;
- That’s it! Kodi will now be downloaded and updated to the latest available stable version.
To update Kodi on Fire Stick devices, you need to repeat the process of installing Kodi on FireOS. Depending on the method you’ve used to install Kodi in the first place, repeat that same method – just make sure you’re downloading the latest available version of Kodi.
In case you’d like to start fresh, you can delete Kodi on your Fire Stick first. This will definitely eliminate any technical problems associated with updating Kodi – but this also means you’ll have to install your addons again.
- Open the Play Store on your Android TV;
- On the left side of the screen, select ‘My Apps’;
- This is where you’ll see the list of available updates. Select ‘Kodi’;
- Finally, select ‘Update’ and your Android TV will do the rest.
Can We Replace a Kodi Box?
By setting up live TV features on your Kodi using a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) backend, you can have the same benefits of your live TV. You can also optimize your viewing experience with the support of add-ons such as Pluto TV, which offers 1,115 channels (as of this writing) from poker tour to car races and science documentaries to Gordon Ramsay’s shows. There’s definitely something for every member of the family. And best of all, subscription is free.
What is a Kodi Add-On?
You can think of a Kodi Add-on as a small application that extends the functionality of the core software. There are literally thousands of add-ons that can be installed within Kodi that will turn this media centre software into an online streaming beast. Kodi provides a list of add-ons through its official repository but there are thousands more available through different sources on the Internet.
Some of the most popular Kodi add-ons provide access to free movies, television shows, live TV streams, live sports, and pay per view events. These add-ons are designed to search the Internet for free media content and serve the video or audio streams through your Kodi. Kodi add-ons are always changing, updating, and being created.
So be sure to search often for any type of specific add-on you may want on your device. Add-ons are available for any platform that can host the Kodi program. Kodi add-ons usually come in a .zip format and can be installed with very little effort by using the addons section under the settings tab within Kodi. You can also see a detailed list of the Best Kodi add-ons that is continually updated so you know which ones are working!
What is a Kodi Respiratory?
An easy way to think of a Kodi repository or “repo” is a bucket that contains multiple Kodi add-ons that are split up into separate categories. Rather than installing Kodi add-ons individually, you can install a Kodi repository that contains multiple add-ons that could all be to your liking. With a repository, add-ons are continually updated once a newer or better version has been released. When you receive instructions to install a specific Kodi add-on, more than likely, those steps will involve installing a specific repository that will include other add-ons that you can install in addition to the one that you want.
What is a Kodi Skin?
One of the coolest features of Kodi is how awesome it looks and this is due to the amazing skins that are available. Just like Kodi Add-ons, there are literally thousands of skins available that you can install for free. Within the Kodi Add-on Repository, you can access the category that displays various skins. These popular skins allow the end-user to modify menus, images, shortcuts, and icons in a quick manner. This allows for a pretty cool looking Kodi setup that you can tailor to your liking.