Redmi which was introduced to India in July 2014. Since its launch, the sale of Mid-range smartphones has never declined. On the other hand, it has become the bestselling phone in India. All its flagship phone has reached more number of users with the introduction of its latest series phones.
However, they have well focused on service and therefore, you would always come across a good service given by their service centre, but people have faced some common problems while using these smartphones.
Today, we will discuss some of the common problems faced by the customers and how to fix those issues at home without going to a service centre nearby.
Problems faced by the customers
One of the common problems faced by Xiaomi users seen on the Xiaomi forums is the phones getting locked. However, it is a general problem and can be fixed easily but going to Xiaomi service centre requires a lot of time and patience.
Many of the customers have found that the phone asks for activating the device and when clicked then it leads to another screen. This screen asks to log in through mi account Username and password. Suppose if you do not remember the password and put the wrong password, the phone gets locked. Now you can access your phone and you have no choice left, either go to the service centre or do it yourself by using the method that I am going to explain below.
What is the security used by Mi phones?
Mi phones uses its own cloud security. There were times when it was very easy to unlock the phone but with the more sales in the country, people started misusing and peeping off on another person’s phone. Xiaomi had no other choice rather than tightening its security features.
The security features it uses is based on cloud features. This feature is very helpful to protect your personal data and keep hackers away from your personal data even yours phone security features have been breached.
How does it works?
It is a very easy process. Whenever you buy a Redmi phone, while setting it up for the first time, it asks to create the mi account. The same user id and password are asked when to reset the phone and try to open it again. If you forget the password and user id then you cannot unlock your phone.
But now, with our unlock process you can unlock the mi account in seconds.
Unlocking Mi account
Unlocking mi account though this process is easy. You just have to download the mi account unlock tool and go through the below steps.
- The first tool that you have to download is mi unlock tool.
- Once the first file gets the download, download mi pc suite, you can easily find on mi forums.
- Extract both the files. Install mi pc suite. Don’t forget to restart your laptop/computer after installation.
- Turn your mi phone off. It’s possible that you could not be able to switch it off through power button in some cases. For them, hold volume up, volume down and power button together and press them at the same time. This will switch your phone off and on the restart, it will so the mi logo on screen.
- Now you have press together the volume up and power button. Doing this will take the phone to the recovery mode.
- Once you see the option of the main menu. Connect your phone to PC and open the mi pc suite to connect your phone for unlocking process.
- Go to the mi unlocking tool folder and find the adb.exe file. Double click on the file to run it or you can also right-click on it and choose the Run option from the dropdown menu.
- The next step comprises to open the mi unlock tool. If your phone is still not connected to the PC then connect it now. If you have connected the phone earlier but it is not showing on the mi pc suite, then remove the phone from the data cable and again connect it.
- If you have a phone model of mi 3 or below that then click on the “disable mi account” and if your phone is above models, then click on the “mi bypass account”.
- Now your phone will reboot. This rebooting process can take 8-10 minutes to restart your phone. During rebooting the phone can restart much time so don’t worry if it keeps on restarting. Have a little patience and wait for it to fully process the reboot.
The above discussed is a working process and it was found working on almost all the mi phone. However, if you find it difficult to do it yourself then it is best for you to contact mi customer care or its service centre.
You can click here to get in touch with mi customer support. You can connect via chat, call or even through the mail. It is all up to you how you feel comfortable to connect to.