Redmi Note 4, the successor of Redmi Note 3, was a huge hit when it was introduced in the Indian market through the online flash sale. Before, Redmi note 4 came Redmi Note 3 which grabbed the attention of the Indian youth with the latest features at an affordable price. The same did happened with Redmi Note 4 and it banged the Indian market.
But, since nothing is perfect in this world and therefore as everything has its own flaws. Redmi Note 4 also came up with Mi cloud account, which was developed by Redmi to provide security to their customers but at the same time it became the worry of customers.
Like every Redmi phone, one has to create an Mi cloud account while logging in to the phone. Once you get logged in and create your mi cloud account you get a dedicated account number which you can use to backup all your files that has been synchronised to the Mi server.
Removing Mi cloud account on Redmi 4-Is it pain in the A**?
Removing the mi cloud account can be the pain sometimes when you don’t know the actual procedure to remove it. Suppose you are away from home and your account gets locked, you cannot even do anything on your phone. You phone will be like a dead phone to you without any use.
Here, a small little process can save your time as well as take you out from this bad situation. But, you need an active internet connection and a laptop or PC around.
However, if you are not tech friendly guy then reaching out to the nearest Mi service centre would be the best problem solving method to you. But, once you know the actual procedure and the files that is required to remove or unlock mi account then you can do it very easily sitting at your home or in a hotel room (if you are away from home on vacation).
Required files to remove Mi account
The process to remove mi account from Redmi Note 4 is easy, yet there are some of the files which needs to be already present in your laptop or PC. The first file you need to download is QUALCOMM drivers. All the MI Redmi Note 4 phone uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 Chipset. The drivers for chipset are most important to keep the phone working in a good condition.
The next file you need to download is Mi flash tool. This tool can be very in the condition of firmware update, Flash recovery, unbrick bricked Android device etc.).
Now you have to download the last file i.e., Mi account remove file. The file is about 300kb in size. However, Mi account unlock tool can also be used to unlock mi account.
Steps to Remove Mi account from Redmi Note 4
- Extract the above downloaded file on your PC or laptop. You can use winzip or Winrar for it.
- Now install the Qualcomm drivers to your PC. Once it gets installed, it’s the time to move to the next step.
- It’s the time to remove the back cover of your Redmi Note 4.
- You will see two cables connected. One below the camera and the other beside the camera.
- Remove the first mini cable and use an EDL cable to connect at the same slot. If the first one slot does not work, then try with the second slot.
- Now come to the desktop and open Mi Flash tool.
- Select the Image file of the latest MIUI Global ROM file. Choose carefully, don’t make any mistake in choosing the file.
- Now remove the cable which connects to battery of the phone and connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Go to your system and see in ports column, you will see QD LOADER 9008 there.
- Now click refresh button, you will come to see COM in the tool bar.
- The flash will start and you just have to wait until gets finished.
- Once the flash process gets finished, attach the battery cable and place the back cover of your phone.
- Switch your phone On. If you get stuck at any step, start the process from the start.
- You will see that your Mi cloud account is removed successfully from the phone.
I have seen that some of the devices gets stuck at the boot menu after the Flashing of the ROM. This is mainly due to not using the stable ROM and using some other custom ROM.
Wrapping it Up
I have never seen any Redmi Note 4 stuck till now which I have done myself with the above process. However, if you get stuck and you are not too techy then it is better for you to visit the nearest service centre where a professional would fix your phone within minutes.