WhatsApp is a cross-platform mobile messaging application with over 1 billion active users in over 180+ Countries. WhatsApp helps you to connect with friends and family without conveniently spending the cost of SMS by using the same data pack you use to browse the internet. It is also easy to use for people living in remote areas they can voice call, video call and send texts all within one app on iOS or Android, free over Wi-Fi or Mobile data anywhere in the world.
WhatsApp has evolved into a great app where it encompasses all in one app, the messaging, the phone call, the video chat even has Snapchat and Instagram like story feed feature. WhatsApp is also trying to take into the commercial world so they wanna give us a way to communicate with businesses so you can text any business for asking queries like, do you have a specific size for the product or book a reservation or getting the confirmation receipt back.
WhatsApp bought Facebook a few years ago, but you don’t need to be on Facebook to use WhatsApp like that you don’t have to be a part of social media and you can still text and do other stuff for free.
What is GB WhatsApp?
As WhatsApp is popular, it has lots of unofficial modifications in the Android version which allows you to get some extra features which the official WhatsApp doesn’t provide you, out of them the most popular one is the GB WhatsApp which has over half a million active users. The Unofficial modification is based on the Original WhatsApp by changing some codes by reverse engineering the app. The modification of WhatsApp started back in 2015 by Rafalense; he introduced us to WhatsApp+ which allowed you to hide your last seen status and also don’t let the sender knows that you read his/her message.
This doesn’t last long, and Rafalense has to discontinue WhatsApp+ because of copyright infringement notice by WhatsApp but still, there are few unofficial modifications of WhatsApp which doesn’t receive the notice and you can use them without having a fear of getting your account banned.
The GB WhatsApp has been introduced by Omar and is currently on its 65th release. Here we are going to talk about its latest features and will also guide you on how to install GB WhatsApp on your Android device.
How to Download GB WhatsApp?
You can bookmark this website and keep visiting to know about every new release of GB WhatsApp. You can easily download GBWhatsApp new version for free and here are the details about the current latest version of GB WhatsApp.
- Latest Version – 6.55
- Previous version – 6.50
- Apk Size – 35MB
- Developer – Omar
- Android version required – Android 4.0+
- Root required – No
- Downloads – 555,346
- Latest release – 25th August
- Download the latest version – (download link)
GB WhatsApp Features
GB WhatsApp has a lot of features from privacy to the theming, to sending the message without saving the number in your contacts list, here we will guide you through all of them:
- The latest version of GB WhatsApp is based on WhatsApp version 2.18.203
- This modification of WhatsApp is Anti Ban
- It now Supports Audio and Video Calling so you can make Audio And Video calls within the WhatsApp
- GB WhatsApp lets you hide your last seen status so other people will not be able to know whether you are online or not.
- It has Privacy mods like hiding blue tick ( It doesn’t let the sender knows that you have read his message), Hide Double tick ( This doesn’t enables the sender to knows that you received his message, which means your internet is currently off )
- Custom Privacy Mods – this helps you to choose different privacy mods for different contacts so you will be offline for some people while you can flawlessly chat with other people.
- GB WhatsApp also lets you theme the WhatsApp color along with conversation screen design by changing chat bubble and ticks design. You can design your theme or download the one made by GB WhatsApp users from inbuilt theme store. You can also save your theme in your SD card for future use or to share with other people.
- DND mode – This will prevent notification or notification sound while your WiFi or data is on and you will show Offline for the people messaging you, so you don’t need to turn on DND mode on your phone.
- Auto Reply – This will allow you to set a preset message so whenever someone messages you they get an automated reply but you have to make sure to keep the internet on to make this work.
- Message Scheduler – This will allow you to schedule message for others where you have to enter a preset message and set a timer, and your message will be delivered to the selected contact or contacts on the given time ( Make sure to keep your internet on otherwise this won’t work )
- Ability to hide your chats using a pattern lock, so you don’t need a separate app lock application
- Message translator helps you to translate received messages in multiple languages, so you don’t need to use Google Translator while talking to people who don’t understand your language.
- You can download stories/Status
- You can broadcast message in Groups
- Inbuilt theme server lets you to download and apply themes made by GB users.
- 17 Ticks style and 13 Bubble style is there to choose, helps you customise your conversation screen.
- Counter in a group helps you see how many messages does an individual sent in a certain group.
- Online status in main screen lets you see who is online without entering their chat screen.
- Send Video with size 50MB instead of 16MB and send 90 images once instead of just 10
- You can copy your friends status
- You can change the App icon and notification icon as well
- There are many more features which you have to discover yourself.
What’s new in GB WhatsApp?
GB WhatsApp 6.55 changelog:
- Fixed bugs of previous versithe on i.e. 6.50
GB Whats,App 6.50 changelog:
- Base Updated to 2.18.203
- You will get to know which messages are deleted by someone anytime, for this you have to go to Contact’ Profile or Group info and click on Revoked Messages.
- Media Visibility (Go to Profile – Media Visibility)
- Mark as Read in Notification so you won’t receive notification from tthe he same message again and again.
- Now you can Select All Chats on Main Screen
- Separate App for Themes has been removed
- Mod 6.8 has been removed because Old codes were removed by WhatsApp Inc.
- Header Vibration for hiding Chats has been fixed
- Revoke Notification not showing in Few Devices has been fixed so you can get a notification the moment someone revokes the message.
- Applying theme in some devices wasn’t seems to be working, but now it’s fixed.
- Web Search has been fixed so you can search web within the WhatsApp.
- Backup and Restore which lies under Mod 6.7 has been fixed as of now along with share and send theme feature.
- Italian and Portuguese Language has been updated with many Other Fixes.
Important Notes from the developer:
1. Don’t ask for Stickers features as it is still not enabled by WhatsApp Inc from there side.
2. Group Video Calls not Available in this Base. Will be there in Next update if WhatsApp server allows it.
3. Xiaomi Redmi Users Might Face Issues with MOD 6.11 Due to MiUi Roms
4. MOD is very Much Stable so request you to check from your end before complaining about anything kindly.
How to install GB WhatsApp?
Installing GB WhatsApp is no different from installing any other Apk downloaded from a different source than Google Play Store:
Make sure to take a backup of your chats and uninstall the original WhatsApp before installing GB WhatsApp
Download Droid Info from Google Play Store, after installing open the Droid Info and go to system tab now check the instructions provided and the Apk as per your device. Example – If it shows arm64 then download the corresponding Apk to support the device fully.
After downloading enable unknown source by going to settings > security > unknown sources, for android version 8.1 and Above enable – allow app installation from the app you used to download the GB WhatsApp Apk.
Now install the app and log in by entering your number and OTP, after doing that the app will search for your chat backup stored on your SD card. Once it finds the backup restore it if you want.
Done, you have successfully installed GB WhatsApp. Now you can explore and play with privacy and theming features which GB WhatsApp Provides.
Unofficial modification of WhatsApp is currently not supported by WhatsApp Inc as it is a closed source application this mod can be taken down anytime till the time you can use it without any worries.
This App is not made or hosted by Us (website name) we are just sharing the App which is already freely available on the internet.
Download and Use the App with your responsibility; we aren’t responsible if anything wrong happens with your device or account.